In 1954, York County Federal Credit Union was founded to serve educators in York County, Maine. Since those early days, our charter has expanded to also include area businesses, organizations, and their families. Today, membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in York County.
Being a community-centered institution is something that we're proud of and take seriously. Our role as a community-oriented credit union ensures a solid foundation for our members in an otherwise ever-changing banking marketplace. Unlike most other financial institutions, you can count on always knowing exactly what York County FCU stands for, which has remained the same since the day we first opened our doors.
We strive to enhance our members' lifestyle goals and dreams by promoting savings and the wise use of credit.
The following list of core values reflects what is truly important to us as an organization. These are not values that change from time to time, situation to situation, or person to person, but rather they are the underpinning of our company culture. These core values are the soul of York County FCU:
- Financial Soundness - We continually strive to maintain sound financial performance, preserving our institutional independence.
- Exceptional Member Service - Always attempting to do the right thing in everything we do, we are committed to an extraordinary standard of excellence. We provide exceptional member service with honesty, integrity, trust and confidentiality.
- Products and Services - With a strong commitment to innovation, we provide a wide range of products and services that meet the needs of our members.
- Community Investments - Pledging to provide financial literacy to all, we welcome our responsibility to reinvest in our community through volunteerism and donations to local causes.
- Personal Relationships - We seek to establish strong personal relationships based on integrity, trust and mutual respect.
- Leadership - Our motivation is to provide an enjoyable and satisfying work environment where employees work successfully in teams and everyone has the opportunity to be a leader.
- Employees - We are passionate about making YCFCU the employer of choice. We value our employees, regularly recognizing accomplishments by investing in and encouraging continuing professional development.
Value-Added Service and Services
Our core values are backed and supported by our client-focused member service attention and state-of-the-art services. Some of the value-added services we offer include:
- Kasasa Cash® - Free checking, plus rewards that matter — like really high dividends and nationwide ATM fee refunds* — to be exact.
- Kasasa Saver® - Work toward savings goals — automatically. This free account is linked to your equally free Kasasa Cash® account. Rewards earned in Cash are automatically transferred to Saver, where they receive a high dividend rate.
- Time-Saving Services – We understand that time is a resource. That's why we strive to consistently provide state-of-the-art services that add ease to banking and save you valuable time.
Thank You From Us To You
If you're not already a York County FCU member, we'd like to invite you to innovative banking that will always puts your needs first. If you are already a member, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and respect throughout the years. We'd also like to pledge our commitment to continually provide the same level of respect and service you've come to know, trust, and count on in the years to come.